Wednesday, December 3, 2014

the late and great update



Obviously, I have been a little absent on the blog lately. There are many “reasons” for that. Most of those “reasons” are excuses and I sorta, kinda, really feel like it’s lame of me to cop out. 

So yeah. Thinking about thinking and writing about my so-called-life has been a non-negotiable for me lately. AKA I am not negotiating with anyone, mainly myself, about writing and then “publishing” my feeeeeeelings on the interwebs. Because my feeeeeeeelings aren’t very uplifting for anyone, really. 

But lucky for all of you peeps (my mom and my friend Tara) I have decided to grace my own blog with my OWN presence. I know, I know. I’m practically Mother Theresa with my giving spirit and general generosity. 

Anywho. Update. So since August, I have been in the hospital about 7-8-ish times. Each for different reasons, each for something a little more serious or something new and fun to add to my diagnoses resume.

Por ejemplo (impressed with my espanol?) I think I told you’s guys about my pulmonary emboli. Right? Blood clots in zee lungs? Coumadin? Ringing a bell?

WELL. So here’s what happened after that; I then had a massive bleed, lost most of my blood, had some blood and platelet transfusions, spent some time in an ICU, subsequently felt bad ass (excuse my French), then come to find out my blood volume won’t recover, something is wrong with my bone marrow….and squeeze in a few hospitalizations for DKA (diabetic ketoacidosis) a few times and there you find me here….



Typing on my fancy shmancy new computer in my not so fancy shmancy hospital room. 
Yaaaas honey, you read that right, I am back in the hospital. And this time its for my “severe anemia” and being in DKA. Again. It is truly a blast.

Not really. Please do not try this at home. 

There you have it. An update. I do promise I will write something other than health updates when I get the chance and I get the heart to share. 


Disclaimer: Guys, I am truly exhausted and not really sure how much information is “too much” and not sure how much people really want to know. I find myself hanging in the balance of overshare and being overly guarded and protective over something I do need love and encouragement with. This is, after all, my blog so I can write about whatever I please. BUT I do also want to have an identity that is separate from my illness. I can feel us merging into one and I don’t know how I feel about that. 

So here it is. If you want to know more or more details, feel free to ask. 

I am also incredibly grateful by your continued interest in how I am doing. It really is overwhelming and encouraging in the best way. My family and I also appreciate and need your prayers. This is a very exhausting and draining marathon of sorts. We appreciate you cheering us on and going to the Father in prayer and asking for his aid for my family and I. It becomes so difficult to ask for prayer and help for yourself and therefore all of you offering it without asking for anything in return, means the world. 



As always, my family and I believe our God is bigger than this and will get us through all of this, step by step. We do appreciate you walking beside us in it. Truly the biggest blessing. Keep on faithful abundant life readers! We love you! 

A silly/fun memory from Thanksgiving....



living abundantly,
Dana